5ive 3rty is an American Singer/Songwriter based out of Washington state. 5ive 3rty was originally born In the great state of Texas to military parents but was raised on the beautiful Island of Sitka Alaska. With a mix of soul, gospel, and unique melodies 5ive 3rty is able to display his vocal talents in many different ways.
We sat down with 5ive 3rty to talk about his recent single “Far Too Long” and more…
1) What keeps you motivated when it comes to your music?
My motivation comes from knowing that the music I make can be the difference in someone have a good day or a bad day. Also, the support I receive from my listeners, and family. It really means a lot to wake up to a DM from a fan telling you how much they like my stuff.
2) When you think of “Vintage Media Group”, what comes to mind?
I think of VMG as a place for artists like myself to gain exposure on a well know platform.
3) Being that you are from Sea-tac, Washington what is the state of Hip-Hop there? How would you title your style of music?
Well, I’m not from Seattle originally. I moved out here from the Dallas Fort Worth area in the summer of 2019. So I’m really just getting established out here. Plus the pandemic has made it difficult to get out and scope the scene, but from the few people I’ve met here, I can tell there is a lot of undiscovered talent. It’s only a matter of time before the Seattle area gets some recognition. As far as my style of music goes, I feel like I’m a mixed bag of different styles. I guess I lean more to the hip-hop side, but you can defiantly hear a lot of gospel and R&B in my voice.
4) With your most recent music single “Far Too Long” is Crazy NICE, I Really Like It… can you give us some details on how you came up with that song?
With all of the racism and social injustice going on in our country, I felt that there needed to be a calming voice, and a positive message put out to help US moved forward as a country. It all came from the heart and It’s an issue I’m passionate about so the lyrics came really easy.
5) Where can your fans & supporters find you online? Via Twitter, Facebook, etc.?
I can be found all almost every social media platform.
6) Who are some of your influences?
Some of my musical influences are Z-RO, Jay Z, 2PAC, Eminem, Drake, and Kirk Franklin just to name a few.
7) Any Last Remarks?
Thank you all for taking the time to check me out. I have alot lot new music on the way so stay tuned.