Jamaican reggae artist JProjek’s new hit song Control has been making waves with viral dance videos popping up seemingly everywhere. The undoubted summer hit started on Instagram and has finally been released on all major digital platforms. A vivid yet smooth blend of reggaeton, Afrobeats, and a little Soca to get the waist moving, Control is definitely a rocketship jam for the relatively unknown artist (real name Theo Robinson). Already DJs have compared him to Burnaboy and UK smooth operator SO the Kid. The catchy “Control dance”, which looks a little like a rhythmic truck driver gripping the steering wheel, has now been done by Instagram and TikTokin the USA, Venezuela, India, Norway, and Japan. Even Jamaica’s 2021 Red Bull Dance Your Style competition winner @cautiion_flexx got in on the action. It’s the song you probably heard and always wondered what it was. JProjek’s Control is definitely a hit, let’s see how far it takes him.
VMG had a moment to lock in with the reggae artist to see what’s new and more…
1) What keeps you motivated when it comes to your music?
Knowing that sending a message through music can impact somebody’s life in a positive way and can cause them to meet their true potential.
2) When you think of “Vintage Media Group”, what comes to mind?
You find art and music that become the talking point for years to come.
3) Being that you are from Kingston, Jamaica what is the state of Hip-Hop there? How would you title your style of music?
People accept hip hop because we are heavily influenced by the American culture
A Fusion of different genres with the foundation being Jamaican.
4) With your most recent music single “Control” can you give us some details on how you came up with that song?
I found this Reggaeton beat and added that young puppy love message, the kind you get when you are just in love. Reminds me of dating my wife.
5) Where can your fans & supporters find you online? Via Twitter, Facebook, etc.?
6) Who are some of your influences?
At this time it’s Kanye West, but it changes over time.
7) Any Last Remarks?
The song “Control” by JProjek is on all streaming platforms support movement and remember love is the Ultimate.
Social Network Links.
JProjek is based in Kingston, Jamaica