Jay Weli is a Russian artist who wants to make it in the industry and unlike many artists has good tracks!
VMG had a opportunity to catch up with Jay to talk about his new single “1000 Uzis” and find out what’s new with the Russian rapper.
1) What keeps you motivate when it comes to your music?
I’ll be honest, money is the motivation because it’s like a key that opens a lot of doors, I mean to work with professionals and implementations of the ideas, the opportunity to grow up in a creative way. Maybe the reason I like this because I’m rich in everything except the money.
2) When you think of “Vintage Media Group”, what comes to mind?
Honestly a premium promotion group is the first thing in my head.
3) Being that you are Russian, what is the state of Hip-Hop there? How would you titled your style of music?
The majority of Russian rappers are imitating foreign artists. But in general, the situation of hip-hop in Russia is not bad and I don’t follow it in depth I can work in different styles everything depends of the inspiration but the Jay’s Jewelry EP was recorded in trap style.
4) Where can your fans & supporters find you online? Via Twitter, Facebook, etc.?
5) Who are some of your influences?
Mmmh tough question ! To name just a few of them, I’d say Kendrick,Drake,Travis Scott,Future.
6) Any Last Remarks?
Happiness is not something we find, it’s something we make. Inspire and to be inspired, peace!