(New Exclusive Interview) CJ Simmons Talks Music With Vintage Media Group
1. How long have you been creating music?
I’ve been making music sense I was 14, but started taking it serious at 24.
2. How does creating music make you feel?
Making music makes me feel free, it’s therapeutic.
3. What are the pro’s and con’s of being an artist in today’s time?
I think one of the toughest things for a artists today is sticking to one genre. I feel like to keep your music relevant and interesting you have to be willing to try new things and sounds.
4. From your prospective, what makes a song a hit record in your eyes?
The concept behind this record was to have or give a vision of where music can take you, things you’ve lost or gained on the journey and how it’s created a outlet for you to say what you feel.
5. What is the concept behind “Gumbo” (Livin) and how long did it take you to create that record?
This record will bring back the raw feel of hip hop and give people a opportunity to hear who Cj Simmons is and about.
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I plan to have made a hit record and take care of my family by owning and opening up business that will allow myself to give back to my community.