(New Exclusive Interview) Arizona Artist Penny Tha Great Talks New Project With Vintage Media Group | @pennythagreat
(New Exclusive Interview) Arizona Artist Penny Tha Great Talks New Project With Vintage Media Group
1. You are from New York but now live in Arizona. How long have you been in Phoenix and why did you move?
I am from New York however i moved out here from Texas. I was out there for a little bit and had an opportunity through a family member to move to Phoenix. It was just a better living situation for me at the time.
2. What are the pro’s and con’s of living is Arizona verses living in New York?
Well the cost of living is way cheaper in Arizona. No freezing cold weather. As long as you can deal with the heat you can make comfortable life in AZ. New York however you have the media market there. As far as being in the music industry it would be easier to network since most of the media snd music industry is in NY.
3. Your music is very different from your Writers Guild brothers. How did that group come together and how has it helped your brand?
We basically formed around 2011. We all were performing in the same venues and had a respect and admiration with each other’s work. I think we all sounded different from a lot of other artists or groups out here so our sound set us apart from other acts and our chemistry was perfect. As far as my solo music i just think i bring a little of an edge to Writers Guild. Some of the stuff i talk about on songs might be a little gritty vs topics you may hear from Megaran or RoqyTyraid. But it is all cohesive.
4. Sophisticated Ignorance is the title of the new project. Is this your first solo project and why that title of this project?
This is my 3rd solo project. I think the title represents the music..i have sophisticated musical sound but the flow and delivery at times can be pure ignorance.
5. If you could do a remix to “Poetic Mindstate” and could have 3 mainstream artist on there. Who would they be and why?
Since this is more of a “cultural” hip hop song i think Nas, J Cole and Kendrick Lamar would be perfect for this song
6. top three records off the project and how did those records come about?
I think these songs represent the exact sound and energy that i wanted to capture on this album
7. What is the end goal with your music?
I just want to be able to feed my family, pay my bills and enjoy my life through music. That is the end goal