“There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you’d better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you’ll never understand what it’s saying.” ― Sarah Dessen
R&B Artist ONNO is making his own time as a new and upcoming R&B artist from Indianapolis, IN. VMG Had The Opportunity to sit down and ask the young artist a few questions.
1) What does “ONNO” mean or stand for?
“ONNO” stands for “over nothing, never out”.
2) What are some of your current accomplishments and or goals? What are you hoping to achieve outside of your music? What else do you hope transpires from your music?
My biggest goal is to be able to share my love for music around the world. So many people talk about fame and fortune, but, for me, my biggest dream is to be heard around the world and maybe inspire people that are just like me.
3)What keeps you motivate when it comes to your music?
I have two aspects in my life that keeps me motivated. My family and friends. Even though it seems cliché, my music reflects the relationships I have with all of the people who are a factor in my life.
4) Who are some of your influences?
My biggest influence is my mom. She is a single mom of four, but still manages to support a family. That shows and had showed me that anything is possible. She is the biggest reason I’ve stuck through tough times. My mom is and forever will be my greatest inspiration.
5) How was life for you growing up without your father?
Well, growing up with a father is never easy for anyone. But I see it as more inspiration for my music. There’s nothing I can do to bring him back, but I know he’s always looking over me and that alone makes me feel like he has always been there. I don’t talk about it much in my music because everyone has heard that story. I don’t want to portray that I’m upset with the world due to my misfortunes. I want people to smile when they hear my music and let them know that no matter what happens, you should endure the gift of life. You only have one life, so why not live it up.
6) What does the word “Vintage” means to you?
“Vintage” to me means real and original. When I think of music being vintage, I see it at as something different and something that speaks truth.
7) With your most recent single “Take My Time”, can you give us some details on how you came up with that song?All my music is written based on events in my life. “Take My Time” was based off of a time that I was at a party and I met a girl who was really down to earth. After talking to her I realized she had been through some tough relationships in her past and I basically let her know that I was there for her. So even though “Take My Time” portrays a sexual encounter between two people it’s more about me letting her know that I’m gonna take things slow to show her that it’s real. Im going to prove that I’m not like the men of her past. I want it to be real.
8) Being that you are from Indianapolis, Indiana what is the state of Hip-Hop there? How would you titled your style of music?
In Indianapolis, being a big part of the Midwest, we define our style as Midwest hip-hop. Midwest hip-hop tends to be darker and more emotional. Personally, I sing more R&B than I rap simply because I connect better emotionally to R&B.
9) When you think of “Vintage Media Group”, what comes to mind?
The best way to stay up to date on anything going on in the hip-hop world. From fashion to music. You can always know what’s going on.
10) Where can your fans & supporters find you online? Via Twitter, Facebook, etc.?
11) Any last remarks?
Thank you for allowing me to be interviewed.