(New Exclusive Interview) Hip Hop Artist C.J. Simmons Talks Music With Vintage Music Group | @Cj_SimmonsMusic
(New Exclusive Interview) Hip Hop Artist C.J. Simmons Talks Music With Vintage Music Group
1. How long have you been doing music?
I’ve been doing music for 10 years now.
2. What do you feel you bring different to the music industry?
I feel that I just make different music, I look forward to the more positive side of hip-hop so it’s usually no gun talk no drug talk, but doesn’t mean i won’t or don’t tap into that if need be but i stay away from it for the most part.
3. Where do you see the digital part of music going in the next 10 years?
Man everything will be digital by the next 5 years, right now they are breaking most artist we here today on the internet, so it will have a major impact by then.
4. When did you know that music is what you wanted to do for a professional?
I think my first time going on tour back in 2013, and rocking in front of bigger crowds then I’m use to and seeing the positive response i got back made me even want it that much more.
5. You dropped a video called “Be Free.” What is the concept behind this video and how long did it take to shoot the video?
The concept for “Be Free” was just to give the audience a full 3 to 4 minutes of letting go of life and enjoying yourself, we focus in life so much on work, kids, bills, etc. that we forget to enjoy life sometimes, so that’s the main concept of this record. and it took us honestly 5 or 6 hours to shoot this video.
6. What is the hardest thing in life you had to overcome and how did you overcome it?
I would say not having my family as a support system musically. I’ve always supported everyone I could family or friends in whatever they wanted to do, but when i started taking music seriously I never got the support I wanted from my family.
7. If you did remix to “Be Free.” what 3 mainstream artist would you put on the record and what do you feel they would bring to the record?
J. cole, Kendrick lamar, and Nipsey Hussle.