“My way” is a sultry, soulful ballad which hooks you straight away. Juvahns voice is sweet yet powerful and she definitely has a way with words. This artist is turning heads with her beauty, captivating minds with her unique style and leaving an impression that shows her star is on the rise.
VMG had a moment to sit down with the talented artist from Sydney to find out more about the hit single “My Way” and more…
1) What keeps you motivate when it comes to your music?
My love for music is what drives me to continue performing and writing songs. It’s hard not to feel motivated when you are doing something you love. Its also the journey I’m on. When you choose to do a career in music it’s a constant roller coaster of praise and criticism. When people tell me they love my music or that my music has helped them get through troubled times, that really motivates me to keep creating. When I hear criticism that also motivates me to do better and work harder at my craft.
2) When you think of “Vintage Media Group”, what comes to mind?
A dope blog that inspires and educates music lovers and artists
3) Being that you are from Sydney,Australia what is the state of Hip-Hop there? How would you titled your style of music?
Australia definitely has some amazing hip hop artists but I think they’re underrated and there definitely needs to be more recognition for hip-hop in Australia, like there is in the states.
I would describe my music as alternative/R&B
4) With your most recent music single “My Way” is Very Smooth, I Really Like It… can you give us some details on how you came up with that song?
I wanted to make a song that was chill, and exactly like you said smooth. It’s a sexy track you can just kick back and vibe out to. I also wanted to write a song that makes you feel sexy and confident. If you’re feeling down about an ex lover who still hasn’t moved on, it makes you feel good knowing you had a way with them, that you’re hard to forget and they still think about you no matter what.
5) Where can your fans & supporters find you online? Via Twitter, Facebook, etc.?
6) Who are some of your influences?
I have many influences, My all time favorite singer is Sade, I also love the weeknd, Miguel, SZA, Santigold and Jeremih to name a few.
7) Any Last Remarks?
I will be releasing the official video for “My way” real soon so keep a look out!