Hoops new E.P “Chained to the Floor” out now!
Australian rapper Hoops has just released his new E.P “Chained to the Floor” last month, and its starting to pick up a bit of attention. The Gold Coast based artist’s 8 track E.P already has two video singles released from it including the self titled video single “Chained to the Floor” and his latest video “Voices”, possibly with more to come.
Hoops told us this mixtape was very personal to him, which is easy to notice with tracks like “Day to Day” high lighting the struggle an independent artist faces to earn a living from music , “Voices” where he goes into detail about his battle with alcohol abuse and “Suicide Note” which is just as it sounds. You will find all raw and real emotion on this E.P and is recommended to any fan who likes their hip hop have have a deeper meaning.
You can download or stream all of Hoops music, including his new E.P “Chained to the Floor” and previous mixtapes “I am what I am” and “It is what it is” all for free of of his website www.yaboyhoops.com
VMG linked up with Hoops to see what’s new while being “Chained To The Floor”.
1) What keeps you motivate when it comes to your music?
1) The biggest motivation for me is being around like minded artists, like my Producer (Christian James) He is always working on music in some form, if we ain’t got a project on he can make a beat write and record it all with in a matter of hours. Having people like that to work with pushes you further and to work harder. Getting a good response from fans also gets me pumped, motivates me to record more. Its always inspiring to know people are digging what you putting out.
2) When you think of “Vintage Media Group”, what comes to mind?
2) VMG are creating an extra platform for artist go get recognized, like myself, helping bring music to the masses. I appreciate what you guys are doing.
3) Being that you are from Gold Coast, Australia what is the state of Hip-Hop there? How would you titled your style of music?
3) The Hip Hop scene here isn’t as big as it used to be, and I don’t only wanna be known as a local Gold Coast rapper. All my team are on the Gold Coast and are great at what they do, Christian James, B.D.K, Pat Psyfa, But I also do alot of international collabs, for the U.K and the U.S. As for my style of hiphop, I like to keep my tracks real raw and honest. A lot of my music comes from experiences, a point of time in my life.
4) With your most recent music video “Chained To The Floor” is Crazy NICE, I Really Like It… can you give us some details on how you came up with that song?
4) It was actually the first track I started working on for the E.P, I had my verses ready and recorded but no hook on it yet. My producer Christian James laid it down for me, which named the single for the track and turned into the name for the whole E.P, so I have to credit Christian James for that one. When I started writing it I was just venting a lot of my frustrations, So it is a deep personal track, the kinda sh*t I wouldn’t talk about in person.
5) Where can your fans & supporters find you online? Via Twitter, Facebook, etc.?
6) Who are some of your influences?
6) I grew up listening to a lot of old school hiphop, Run DMC, Dre, Mobb Deep and Eminem. One artist now i draw a lot of inspiration from is Yelawolf, I would love to work with him some day. His sound is amazing and shows so much versatility in his music.
7) Any Last Remarks?
7) Yeah I wanna give a shout out to the team for all the work they put into my E.P, Shutterstorm for filming all my videos, Christian James aka Boi Blue Productions for editing all my clips, exclusively producing all my beats and mixing all my vocals. And Street Cred Crew for my features and collabs, that’s my crew go out and grab our mixtape “Stay on point” on datpiff.com or look us up on Facebook. last of all shout out to VMG for showing love, it’s been a great experience working with you guys.